Every effort is made to ensure the information on the Municipality of Port Hope's website is timely and accurate however, due to circumstances beyond our control, information and dates are subject to change without notice. The Municipality of Port Hope offers no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the information on these pages. All such documents are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind and the Municipality does not make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results or reliability of the use of the materials on this website. The Municipality of Port Hope hereby disclaims all representations and warranties.
For general questions, technical questions and information regarding this site, please contact the Municipality of Port Hope's website team at email@example.com
Links to Third Party Sites
A third party link, generally opening a new browser window, is provided for the convenience of the visitor. Inclusion of the link does not imply endorsement by The Corporation and the Municipality accepts no responsibility for the content found on any third party website. Links are subject to the approval of the Chief Administrative Officer or appropriate Department Director and may be removed without notice at the discretion of the department. Factors affecting approval or removal may include business case considerations, an assessment of the needs of the intended audience, the relevance to the Municipality or appropriate department and technical or legal considerations.
The Municipality of Port Hope logo and slogans are registered trademarks of the Corporation of the Municipality of Port Hope. Any reproduction of these logos and slogans, other than for municipal use, licensed programs of the Municipality of Port Hope or with the Municipality of Port Hope's expressed permission is prohibited. These include, but are not limited tothe Corporate logo and any other graphic representation sanctioned by the Municipality.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.All requests for use of Municipal data must be made through the Corporate Services Department and all authorized users must sign a data sharing agreement permitting specific use for a specific period of time and must be relevant to a municipal project, partnership or other activity authorized by Municipal Council.
For information regarding the Municipality of Port Hope's logo, slogans and their usage, contact the Corporate Services Department at 905.885.4544.
Social Media User Agreement
The Municipality of Port Hope does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on our social media websites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTUBE. Any information or material placed on these sites, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of the Municipality. By submitting a comment for posting, the user agrees that the Municipality of Port Hope is not responsible, and shall have no liability with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
By posting content, the user agrees to indemnify the Municipality and its Staff from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages and costs (including legal fees) which arise out of or are related to the posted content.
- The Municipality reserves the right to remove, edit or modify any submissions in response to requests for feedback or other commentary. All postings containing prohibited content will be removed. The Municipality reserves the right to bar anyone in violation of this policy from posting on Municipal social media sites.
- Social media managed by the Municipality may contain links to content on other internet sites. The Municipality is not responsible for the reliability or accuracy of content managed within these links. Patrons accessing any user generated resources should do so at their own risk.
- The Municipality of Port Hope is committed to protecting privacy. However, privacy does not extend to public forums, including social media applications where a user may choose to identify him or herself. By posting content in a public forum, the user acknowledges that he or she may forfeit any expectation of privacy. As with more traditional resources the Municipality of Port Hope does not act in place of or in the absence of a parent and is not responsible for enforcing any restrictions which a parent or guardian may place on a minorís use of this resource.
- Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by the Municipality of Port Hope and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Providing Personal Information via Municipal Website
The Corporation of the Municipality of Port Hope is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our site. We have taken appropriate measures to protect and ensure the privacy of any personal information you provide. The Municipality is subject to the provisions of the Municipal Freedom ofInformation and Protection Act (MFIPPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). The Corporation of the Municipality of Port Hope will not, under any circumstances, use any information provided by visitors for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose for which theinformation was provided, as stated on the Web page as well as inconsistent with the provisions of MFIPPA and PIPEDA.
Most of the information accessible on the Municipality's website does not require you to identify yourself. You may access it anonymously. However, the Municipality of Port Hope does collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it. We collect only as much personal information as is necessary to assist you in conducting business with the Municipality via the website. The only personal identifying information arising from your use of the Municipality of Port Hope's website is what you voluntarily supply. The Municipality does attempt to provide you with multiple "channels" for conducting business (ie telephone, walk-in, mail-in, and fax-in) in addition to the Municipality of Port Hope's website. If you have concerns about using the website to conduct your business with us, please be assured that there are alternate channels you may elect to utilize.
Personal information is collected to:
- Communicate with you regarding services that you have requested
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Correct/change personal Information
If your personal information changes (eg. name, address, postal code, telephone number, email address etc.) or you no longer desire our service, the Municipality of Port Hope will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Municipality of Port Hope is the sole owner of the information collected on the site. The Municipality does not use or retain personal information that you provide for any secondary purposes unless you have first been notified and your permission has been obtained. The Municipality of Port Hope will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the Municipality unless you are first notified and your permission is received, except in the following circumstances. The Municipality of Port Hope may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- For purposes of acting in an emergency to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill.
From time to time the Municipality's website may request information from you via surveys or ask permission to send you special offers. Your participation will be completely voluntary and you will have a choice of whether or not to participate. Any survey information will be used solely for the purposes of monitoring and/or improving the Municipality of Port Hope's services and products. If you choose not to participate, you will still be able to use the website.
Protection of Personal Information
The Municipality of Port Hope takes every precaution to protect your personal information on the website. We maintain security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information to prevent unauthorized removal or alteration of data.
Information Collected Automatically
When you browse our website, some information may be collected and stored automatically. This may include:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address, assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Domain name
- The type of your browser and operating system you use
- The date, time and pages you visited and/or requested while on our website
- "Search terms" entered by website visitors
The information identifies your computer system; it does not identify you personally.If you have any questions or concerns about the security of the website, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Concerns regarding Access to information and any related privacy issues should be directed to:
Director of Corporate Services
Municipality of Port Hope
56 Queen Street
Port Hope, Ontario L1A 3Z9