The Municipality of Port Hope Council has established a number of advisory committees for the purpose of providing advice to Council on matters within the committee's mandate. In some cases, Council has established local boards to administrate matters under specific Provincial legislation. All local boards and committees report directly to Council and the Clerk's Department has general oversight of administration over the committees and local boards on behalf of Council. See the menu on the left hand side of this page for a list of the various committees.
· Accessibility Advisory Committee – 3 representatives (majority to be persons with disabilities)
· Agricultural Advisory Committee – 1 representative from the agricultural community
· CantonCenotaph Committee – 3 representatives
· Cemetery Board – 2 representatives
· Civic Awards – 3 representatives appointed for the term of Council
· Committee on Public Art – 3 representatives from the local Arts Community, plus 1 youth member.
· Environmental Advisory Committee – 3 representatives plus 1 youth member
· Heritage Port Hope Advisory Committee – 3 representatives
· Northumberland Art Gallery – 1 representative
· Parks, Recreation and Cultural Advisory Committee – 1 youth member
· Tree Advisory Committee - 1 representative
· Waterfront and Harbour Working Group (WHWG) - 1 representative having background and experience with the former Consolidated Waterfront Master Plan process or Waterfront Implementation Steering Committee; and 2 representatives having experience in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and/or Planning and Development. This Working Group will commence in October 2013.
Terms of Reference - WHWG
· Youth Advisory Committee – 3 youth members
· Community Policing Volunteer Committee – 12 representatives – Applications to be addressed to the Police Services Board.
Qualifications for the Appointment are:
a. Must be a ratepayer or resident of the Municipality
b. Minimum 18 years of age, unless specified as a youth member which is age 13 to 17.
c. Not an employee of the Municipality
d. Unless otherwise defined appointments will be for staggered terms.
Application Form to sit on Local Board/Committee