This section of the web siteprovides informationrelevant to living in Port Hope. The navigation menu to the left of this page will assist residents in locating pertinent information regarding key services in our community.
Municipality of Port Hope residents enjoy:
- No long commutes to and from the local workplace
- Affordable home prices - new homes for as little as $189,000
- Excellent educational facilities at all levels. The Municipality of Port Hope is the home to Trinity College School, one of North America's oldest and most prestigious private co-educational schools. Durham College, Trent University, Sir Sandford Fleming College, Loyalist College and the newly created Ontario Institute of Technology are all a half hour's drive away
- Health Services - The Northumberland Hills Hospital, opened in October 2003, is a new "state of the art" hospital just a 10 minute drive away. The Municipality offers a modern, full service medical facility and walk in clinic. Alternative medical professionals include chiropractors, naturopaths and therapeutic massage therapists
- Sports and Recreation - The Municipality of Port Hope offers two modern recreation centres, yacht club, library, beach, parklands, golf courses, hiking trails, fishing, hunting and more. Youth can enjoy hockey, soccer, baseball, figure skating, martial arts, swimming, a skateboard facility, a youth centre, theatre, arts programs and choirs
- Cultural activities - The restored Capitol Theatre has a full program of professional theatre, shows, music and movies. Amateur productions, art galleries and artisan studios are scattered throughout the municipality, home to several world-renowned authors, actors, playwrights and artist
General inquiries, comments and suggestions may be submitted by email to: email@example.com.