The holiday season has launched and there are festive activities and events happening throughout the Municipality. Below is a list of the highlights from the Municipal events calendar. Visit the calendar for the full list of events and activities.
Thursday, November 09 - Saturday, December 23
• Enjoy Robin Hood: The Panto at the Capitol Theatre in Port Hope, 20 Queen Street. Family version at 2pm, Naughty version at 8pm (on select days - visit website for details).
905-885-1071, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capitoltheatre.com.
This production is loosely based on the British tradition of pantomime theatre, which usually takes place in the winter and re-tells well-loved children’s stories or fairy tales, but with a lot of added silliness. You’ll enjoy classic and modern music with visual effects to enhance the production along with audience interaction.
Saturday, November 11 – Sunday, December 17
• The Capitol Theatre, at 20 Queen Street in Port Hope, presents A Festival of Lights and Trees. The Capitol will be all decked out in thousands of lights, with beautifully decorated trees available to be won by raffle. For full details, call 905-885-1071,
1-800-434-5092, email@example.com, www.capitoltheatre.com
Friday, November 24
• Moonlight Madness: Downtown merchants throw their doors open on November 24th until 10pm and offer shoppers the best deals before Christmas! The streets are bustling with shoppers and horse & carriage rides. This evening also coordinates with the Candlelight Walk, which lights up the Main Street and park in our downtown area.
• Join the Candlelight Walk tradition for carol singing on Friday November 24 at 7:00pm. Gather at Walton & Pine Streets (155 Walton St.) for the procession to the Memorial Park Lighting Ceremony and unveiling of the 2017 Port Hope Christmas tile. Hot chocolate will be served in Memorial Park following the Walk.
Saturday, November 25
• The 81st annual Port Hope Santa Claus Parade. A spectacular cavalcade of festive sights and sounds featuring a host of exceptional bands along with floats from many local businesses, clubs and community groups will make its way through the streets of Port Hope. Watch out for postal workers along the parade route collecting those all-important letters to Santa. Location: Ridout Street, Walton Street, Queen Street, from 1pm to 2pm.
• Beginning at 10:30 a.m. until 12 p.m., everyone is welcome to the Holiday Open House at the Port Hope Public Library. There will be lots of stories, songs, crafts & refreshments celebrating the holiday season.
• Santa will once again join us at the Canadian Firefighters Museum, right after the Port Hope Santa Claus parade to sit with kids big and small for his annual visit. Come down, warm up with some hot chocolate and cookies (coffee for the grownups) and get your photo taken with Santa on an antique fire truck. Contributions to the Port Hope Fire Fighters Toy Drive will be accepted. 1pm to 3pm at 95 Mill Street South in Port Hope.
Friday, December 1
• All members of the Ruth Clarke Centre are welcome to join us for our Annual Christmas Lunch on Friday December 1st at the Port Hope Lion's Centre. Lunch tickets are on sale at the Ruth Clarke Centre for $25 per person. Purchase your ticket in advance.
• Join us for Wesleyville Yuletide Carolling - seasonal celebrations in song at the Wesleyville Church. Very popular annual event ringing in the Christmas season. 7pm to 8:30 pm at 2082 Lakeshore Road, Port Hope.
Saturday, December 2
• Enjoy FREE horse and wagon rides throughout Port Hope's Downtown Heritage Business District. Wagon rides will be available December 2, 9, 16 and 23 from 11am to 2pm. Location: Pick up at 16 Walton Street.
Sunday, December 10
• Join us at the Town Park Recreation Centre for Pancakes with Santa. Enjoy complimentary pancakes and meet the big guy, from 9 am to 11 am. Open to all ages.
• Enjoy the holiday season with FREE Public Skating at the Jack Burger Sports Complex (JBSC), from 1 pm. to 2 pm. Open to all ages.
• Check out the events calendar for more free skating and swimming opportunities over the December holidays at the JBSC.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Communications / Community Engagement Coordinator