Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2023 10:00 AM
Residents are advised of the following impacts to services due to the upcoming Easter Holiday.Administrative building closures:
Municipal administrative buildings are closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10.
For urgent services related to water or roads, call 905-885-2431 and press * to reach our after-hours emergency line.Transit service impacts:
Municipal Transit service will run on a modified schedule for the holiday weekend.
- Friday, April 7 - no transit service
- Saturday, April 8 - standard...
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2023 03:11 PM
We are reviewing our Procedural By-law. This By-law is a set structure that guides processes for Council and Committee meetings.
The By-law outlines:
- How Council members cast their votes
- How late Council meetings can run
- Conduct for Council
- How and when residents can speak at meetings and interact with Council
- How public meetings are communicated to residents
Public engagement for this project is now underway until May 1. We're gathering feedback on a variety of components in the By-law, including the...
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023 04:11 PM
This week's Mayor's Corner post is now live! Highlights from this edition include:
- Fire prevention in our community
- Provincial and Federal budget news
- Updates on our latest community engagement projects
Check out the Mayor's Corner page and be sure to subscribe to receive the news right to your inbox.
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023 03:56 PM
We are in the process of updating our Asset Management Plan (AMP) to help us make decisions on how we control our assets and direct our spending across departments.
Public engagement is now underway for this project. We all have a role to play in determining which services are essential to our quality of life. We are listening about the cost of service delivery and your needs and priorities as residents. This feedback will help us with proactive planning and help us make better, informed...
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 10:22 AM
Registration for Spring Aquatics opens on April 11 at 7:00 a.m. and registration for Recreation Programs opens April 12 at 8:00 a.m. Connect, engage, and get active with swimming lessons, fitness classes, art and culture, children's programs and more. You can register:
- Online – It’s convenient and fast and you can avoid the lineups.
- In-person – We have staggered registration dates for a smoother registration process.
- By phone – Please don’t leave a voicemail as it won’t guarantee you a spot.